Thursday, January 1, 2009

Theme Thursday - Try Something New




Click on to enlarge to see detail.

I don't know whether this skinny fits into the spirit of Theme Thursday challenge but here goes ...

I like to paint and draw but I also enjoy digital art which makes anything possible. Well, almost anything. I enjoy messing about with digital elements, using them in different ways to the original intention. So what I have learned is that a bling element can be used as part of a costume. I have painted my own "model" but this could just as easily be done with any type of image. I have taken only one element and used it to build a costume (with paper skirt underneath). Any type of element can be used - chains, hinges, brads, buttons etc. Something to do on a blistering hot summer's day when there is nothing else to do. Or a freezing, icy day when there is no point in going outdoors (for those of you lucky people in the northern hemisphere).

The beautiful green bling is by SussieM at Scrapbookgraphics. The background is by Lauren Bavin at Digital Scrapbook Place.

16 comments:

  1. This is wonderful!! Love your art piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Very whimsical and cute! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is most definitely your specialty, Marie. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created this and may have a try myself. Great work. Oh my printer has packed in i must get it fixed :(
    Hugs and happy new year
    June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to try something new! :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol thanks for your comment on my blog ... when i saw anon i was thinking i was gonna get an insult heehe... thanks though i enjoyed the dark play withn that one
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie I wihs you Happy New Year.
    May all your wishes comes true.

    Your creation is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative, Marie. Love how you think and step outside the box. You are the master at dressing and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfully done, Marie. Some of us in the cold weather wish we could taste a little of your summer weather about now. Happy new year and much fun art in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I love how you've combined the different elements. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this...your art is so different and I sure enjoy it! Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another original painting Marie, your ladies are wonderful and priceless.

    ReplyDelete