Monday, January 16, 2012

Take a Word Challenge - Fish!

Quite a few years ago, my great friend, Bev, introduced me to the idea of digital art.  Neither of us really knew what we were doing.  We didn't know how to access ephemera and elements and I don't think Google Images existed.  We were forced to create pictures using our wits and cunning.  Cutting and pasting became our best friends.  As with the lady above, we found that, yes, we could build an image with a face, one fish and a picture of old boots (as above).  It was a great apprenticeship and we are still using our old skills today.  Thankyou, Bev.  We often felt like giving up but somehow we dragged each other into the 21st century!!
So, credit for the background goes to Lorie Davison.  The face was drawn by me and the lady is dressed in cutouts from one tropical fish.  The boots were Googled.

17 comments:

  1. Whenever I head to your blog, I ask myself "I wonder what Marie has created today?" You always thrill and amaze, besides giving a giggle here and there! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, thank goodness for that early apprenticeship or we would not get to appreciate wondrous images such as this. A feast for the eyes, my friend, and something to make me smile. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie you are the undisputed master of digital haute couture...and this is a masterpiece...two double back flips and a hand spring from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you certainly cut pasted, it is a wonderful creation. Cheers, thanks again for the heat

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! This is amazing Are you goung to leave us for a new career in fashion design?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would we have done without each other, my dear Oz friend? In some instances we seemed the pioneers of digital art at some of the challenge blogs, and I think we were looked upon askance. Thank heaven, many of the wonderful people in blogdom came to accept us, warts and all. You, my friend, have taken the art of digital cut and paste to astronomical levels! BRAVO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your artwork is fabulous, as always, Marie...Fantastic creation. I must say, however, I don't think you will sell many dresses!....wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Madame Marie's' boutique is certainly open for business, what a 'visual symphony' even a hat to match, LOVE it1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! I love the dress. I am sure the lady wears lots of perfume to hide a particular smell :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I buy your fantasy somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is always amazing Marie! I think you are a brilliant genius at doing this and the wording today....well..slap me buskins and smelly fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is hilarious! i´m thankful i can see her without smelling her;)
    your skills in digital collage are extraordinary!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Extraorninary dress!
    I want the same, despite the smell!
    I love the way you paint the faces too!
    Bravo several time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those fish tails make excellent frills.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This put a big smile on my face. But I had to leave quickly, as the smell was definitely a little overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete