Monday, October 7, 2013

Take a Word Challenge - Australia!


I am very honoured that my BFF, Bev, has paid a tribute to me in the challenge this week, choosing a theme that is all-things Australian.  Fifteen years ago I was introduced to the world of personal computers  but there wasn't much happening in those days.  Bev and I found each other on a penpal website and we "clicked" because we are alike in so many ways.  Our thought processes always seem to be on the same wavelength. Bev discovered the joys of the beginnings of digital art and she introduced me to them.  We helped each other to find software and to learn as much as we could about this new medium.  We've come a long way since then!  Thankyou, Bev.  You are a legend.

The beautiful face of a young aboriginal woman and the cave painting overlay on her face were found on Google. The aboriginal culture is an ancient one.  The presence of aborigines in the continent is believed to go back more than 40,000 years.  Cave paintings tell the stories.

10 comments:

  1. You know how I love aboriginal lore, Marie. This image is so lovely. I hope you enjoy the tributes to your beloved Australia this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your very unique collage, Marie. What a fascinating culture. Thanks again for doing so much work to keep these challenges going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a legend, too, Marie, thanks for all the challenges!
    Your piece is stunning, love the overlay of the 'roo on her face - standing ovation from your 'neighbour!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a wonderful australian piece! the kangaroo is placed so well on her face.
    up to many more, marie... thanks for keeping us busy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have half sisters in Australia so I've learned a bit about that great continent and it's history. A great collage dear Marie. We all love you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Judy, you are a legend, Marie, and a really good friend too. I'm so glad you and Bev befriended me all those years ago when I stumbled upon DAQ! Such a happy accident.

    An inspired piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make that three I'm with Judy & Ann too...you are a legend a great friend and the soul of dedication. It is a joy to have gotten to know you and participate in you challenges. Many thanks to you for your hard work and kind words and encouragement ...and applause for your exquisite artwork you are beyond amazing my friend...Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie this piece you have made is a outstanding and wonderful tribute to your country, the nature and wildlife in your country is so special and I have always loved nature films from Australia.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is really great!

    ReplyDelete