Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Three Muses Challenge - Where I live

Australia is a vast, mostly empty continent.  The large population areas all cling to the coastlines.  I live within walking distance of beautiful, white, sandy beaches at the edge of the Indian Ocean.  I can look out to sea and realise that the next landfall to the west is the island of Madagascar, 7,000 miles away (11,000km).  I would like to say that I love reclining in a giant shell, pondering the wonders of nature and wearing an amazing shell hat, but that would be a lie.  Well, we can dream, can't we?
Vintage lady from e-vint.com, shells, ocean and seagull Googled.

9 comments:

  1. Someday I will get to Australia... I have long lost family there somewhere (as well as in England). I love your fantasy piece Marie -so inviting!
    Dream on....

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I take it you live in WA, I have been there a few times, my mum, brother and sister and their faomilies live in and around Perth. Love your lady, reminds me of my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fascinating scenery. I would like to be there. Lucky woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fascinating scenery. I would like to be there. Lucky woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Marie. You are so fortunate to live in such a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to live so close to the Ocean! I love your collage Marie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely gorgeous depiction of the coast, Marie. I wish you DID have a cozy shell to escape into once in a while!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just knew you would come up with something wonderfully tongue in cheek, Miss Marie .. you did, and I'm smiling from ear to ear.

    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How the heck did I miss this it is awesome Marie...I want to live there too! I love that hat!

    ReplyDelete